Roasted Salmon with a Herb Stuffing (serves 4-6)
312g courgettes, coarsely grated
1 teaspoon of sea salt
Drizzle of your favourite oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Large handful of fresh dill, chopped
Small handful of fresh chives, chopped
Finely grated zest & juice of 2 limes
2 x 454g skinless & boneless salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas mark 6 / Fan 180
- Toss the courgettes with the sea salt. Place in a large sieve over a bowl for 20-30 minutes, then squeeze out any excess water
- Next, drizzle your favourite oil into a large frying pan and cook the shallots gently for 5-6 minutes, or until softened. Add the courgettes and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn up the heat and cook briskly until the liquid evaporates. Season and stir in the herbs, lime zest & juice. Set aside to cool a little.
- Wash & dry the salmon fillets, line a baking tray with parchment paper and drizzle a small amount of oil so the salmon won’t stick. Place one fillet top-side down onto the baking parchment. Season, then spread half the herb mixture over the fillet and place the 2nd fillet top-side up, on top. Spread with the remaining herb mixture, then tie the fish together with cooking string in several places.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Remove, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the cooking string before serving.
Serve with roasted mediterranean vegetables & new potatoes